You’ve Never Seen Protection Like This
Rust-Oleum Automotive Introduces Robust Line-Up of Products at AAPEX Show
Vernon Hills, Ill., Nov. 5, 2013 –
Rust-Oleum continues to bring forth fresh, innovative products to the automotive industry. From water repellents to protective coatings and everything in between, Rust-Oleum offers a full-line of products to protect and enhance the appearance of automobiles. At this year’s Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo (AAPEX), Rust-Oleum will highlight several new products, including NeverWet, a liquid repelling treatment that protects surfaces from water, mud, ice and other liquids.
New additions and highlights of the Rust-Oleum Automotive line include:
- Rust-Oleum NeverWet − contains breakthrough technology that protects surfaces with a superhydrophobic treatment that dramatically repels water-based liquids. This revolutionary new class of treatments causes liquids to form nearly perfect spheres, which shoot off the surface keeping items clean and dry. It is the perfect solution to protect car wheel wells, and undercoatings against corrosion and wear caused by exposure to moisture. Drying to a frosted haze, NeverWet is not recommended for use on glass surfaces like windows or windshields.
- Rock Guard – is the perfect solution to inexpensively and easily protect the exterior of any vehicle. Available in an aerosol, Rock Guard features a one-step application that shields both the body and exterior paint from scratches, rocks and debris. It is a high-build formula specifically designed to protect exterior surfaces while maintaining a peelable crystal clear coating that is simple to remove, eliminating the need for expensive car wraps and plastic guards. This temporary coating is formulated with excellent UV resistance that will not yellow when exposed to sunlight.
- Ceramic Engine Enamel – features advanced ceramic technology that is gas and oil resistant. It resists intermittent heat up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. Available in 16 colors, one primer and one clear, Rust-Oleum Ceramic Engine Enamel features outstanding color and gloss retention that is 50 percent better than any other Engine Enamel on the market. It offers excellent adhesion, providing a no peel promise.
- Peel Coat – an innovative aerosol coating that allows do-it-yourselfers to customize vehicles with their own special touch. Peel Coat provides a temporary, peelable coating that can be applied to any surface. This washable finish dries quickly, is extremely easy to remove and does not leave a residue on the surface. It is great for wheels, rims, hoods, racing stripes and more.
- Professional Grade Truck Bed Coating Aerosol – offers professional grade quality in a 15 ounce aerosol. This truly unique, new to the market coating is fade, chip and impact resistant. It provides truck beds with a textured finished that guarantees maximum adhesion. Rust-Oleum Professional Grade Truck Bed Coating Aerosol renews and protects surfaces while providing do-it-yourselfers with a professional finish for their truck beds.
- LeakSeal Tape and LeakSeal Brushable Liquid – this well known leak stopper is now available in a durable, self-fusing silicone tape and liquid brushable formula. LeakSeal Tape wraps tightly around virtually any cylindrical object to seal cracks and leaks, creating a temporary solution until the pipe, hose or wire can be replaced. It has outstanding tensile strength with the ability to endure up to 700 PSI along with exceptional electrical insulation of up to 8,000 volts. LeakSeal Brush is the first rubberized brush-on product in the market to seal the surface while protecting against cracks and leaks. It is a unique, water-tight coating that is the ideal product for do it-yourselfers to use on larger scale problem areas or small, tough-to-reach areas. LeakSeal Brush can also be used as a preventive coating, protecting surfaces that may encounter water. Available sizes include quart and half-pint in Black and Crystal Clear.