Electrostatic discharge causes a shocking $5 billion in lost profits annually. Protect yourself with Conductive and Static Dissipative floor toppings and coatings. Just walking across the floor can generate as much as 3,000 volts. It takes as little as 10 volts to cause damage to sensitive equipment and products, even ignition of flammable solvents and chemicals. UltraPlex ESD Control systems provide more effective protection against static and sparking than tile, carpet, and mats:
- Conductive: for areas requiring low resistance (25,000 ohms to 1 megohm @ 500 V based on NFPA 99 test method)
- Static dissipative: for areas where electrostatic charge build-up hinders productivity (1 megohm to 1,000 megohms @ 100 V based on ASTM F test method)
- Seamless surface stays in place, is non-porous, and easy to clean without dusting or waxing
- Two resistance ranges protect against a variety of acids, alkalis and solvents, in addition to physical impact and water absorption
Light to medium service areas in a range of industries, where foot and rubber-wheeled traffic are typical, can benefit from the static dissipative abilities of UltraPlex™ SD S coatings
* Can be used in USDA facilities based on FSIS Directive 11,000.4 (Rev. 1), November 24, 1995.
** Agriculture Canada (also known as Canadian Food Inspection Agency).