• All wooden decks MUST be dampened with water before application. Use a garden hose and fine tipped spray nozzle to lightly “wet out” the surface, ensuring that there is no standing water. It may be necessary to re-dampen the deck to keep it moist during application. DO not SPRAY WATER ON APPLIED PRODUCT. DO not PRECONDITION DECK IF USING ROCKSOLID DECK START WOOD PRIMER.
• In higher temperature applications, it will be necessary to add water to keep the consistency of the mixed product uniform. Add 2 oz. of cool, clean water at a time and re-mix with the drill mixer before use.
• Difficult areas such as deck boards that are warped or cupped will require rolling across the narrow width of deck as well as the length to ensure complete coverage. Brushing may be required.
• This product will stay fresh in the bucket as long as the lid is securely fastened. If the material appears to be thick add 2 oz. of cool, clean water at a time until the material has the consistency of a milkshake. While mixing make sure to blend until any clumping is uniformly dispersed.
• Between coats, you can use the mixed product to fill screw holes, cracks, and other imperfections that are less than 1/4” deep to help flatten the overall finish. This is best done by using a metal blade, flexible putty knife to fill the areas and scrape off the overfill. Allow these repairs to cure for a minimum of 45 minutes - 1 hour before coating over.
**If you are not reaching the estimated coverage rates, you may add 2 oz. of cool, clean water at a time to increase coverage rates while keeping the uniform consistency. NEVER EXCEED 6 oz. of additional water.
• INDUCTION TIME – Mixed product MUST be allowed to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes. After this induction period, use the drill and drill mixer to re-blend the product before use.
PRECAUTIONS & TEMPERATURE SAFEGUARDS:
• DO not APPLY IF RAIN IS EXPECTED WITHIN 48 HOURS OF APPLICATION.
• Apply when surface and air temperature is between 50 and 90° F and will remain between 50 and 90° F for at least 72 hours (day and night) after application. For information on application during extreme climate conditions, visit rustoleum. com/rocksolid.