The guitar you received as a hand-me-down deserves your unique touch. Spray paint it with a color that's all your own. Express yourself in blue and let the music flow off your fingers.
- Start by preparing your guitar, making sure it is clean and thoroughly dry.
- You'll need to remove the strings and lightly sand the guitar to scuff the surface. This will allow for better paint adhesion.
- If there are areas of the guitar you don't want to paint, apply painter's tape to those places.
- Don' t forget to cover your work area with a drop cloth to avoid overspray on the floor or nearby items.
- Let's paint! It's best to shake the can of 2X Ultra Cover Satin Ink Blue for 1 minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle to ensure a well-mixed color.
- Start spraying the paint onto the guitar in back-and-forth motions approximately 10" from the surface.
- Applying 2-3 light coats of paint will give you the best coverage, so let each coat dry for a few minutes in between.
- After your final coat of paint has been sprayed, let the guitar dry for about 20 minutes before removing the painter's tape and 1 hour before handling. All of the paint will be fully dry in 24 hours.