(These final dimensions may vary based on the dimensions of your tub. Use this as a general guide, and be sure to measure twice and cut once!)
- Cut five pieces to equal lengths of 29" and two smaller pieces to 12 1/2".
- Thoroughly sand all pieces with progressive grits 100, 150 and 220 until all the edges are smooth and ready for finish.
- Lay out the five 29"-long pieces next to each other, equally spaced with ~1/8" between each.
- Place the two smaller 12 1/2" pieces in a perpendicular position across the five longer pieces about 6-8" from each end.
- Carefully pre-drill and attach with the stainless screws, using the framing square to keep everything at 90 degrees and aligned squarely.
- Attach two screws through each of the pieces (through the smaller pieces to connect them with the bottoms of the larger pieces).
- Sand any remaining edges smooth, including the screw holes.
- Apply three coats of Danish oil. Allow 24 hours to cure before use.