Custom Painted Peg Board
A custom painted garage tool peg board is a great way to keep your garage or shed organized. Painting colorful shapes on the peg board showcases each tool and ensures there’s a designated place for every item.
- Prepare the peg board with a paint primer like Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer in the Turbo Spray System. Let it dry.
- Lay out your tools on the peg board to determine where you want to hang them.
- Use painter’s tape to outline a square or rectangle around each tool. Remove the tools.
- Mask off the surrounding area of peg board with Kraft paper or newspaper to protect it from spray paint. Apply Rust-Oleum 2X Ultra Cover Spray Paint to each square and rectangle, following the directions on the can. Let all paint dry for 24 hours.
- Hang your painted peg board on the wall. Add hooks and hang your tools in their respective places.
- If desired, add labels to identify each tool’s place on the peg board.