Are Fido's toys cluttering your house? Use Rust-Oluem Matte Spray Paint to quickly transform an old crate into stylish dog toy storage that goes with any décor. Bonus points if you can get him to put the toys away himself.
- Prepare: Always work in a well ventilated area. Lightly sand wooden crate with a sanding block to remove splinters and smooth rough areas. Wipe entire crate with a tack cloth to remove sand dust. Cover the surrounding area with a drop cloth.
- Prime: Shake the can of Zinsser Bulls Eye 1-2-3 Primer spray for 1 minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle. Hold the can 10-16” from the surface and apply 1-2 light coats a few minutes apart.
- Paint: Next, shake the can of Universal Matte spray paint for 1 minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle. Hold the paint can 12-14” from the surface and apply 1-2 light coats a few minutes apart. Spray in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke. Allow to dry.
- Customize: For a multi-tone look, use more than one color on the crate. Be sure to mask off areas with masking tape and masking paper to avoid overspray. Allow each color to dry completely before moving to the next.
- Adorn: Add castors and metal brackets using screws and a drill. Paint wooden letters for personalization and adhere them to the crate with adhesive dots.
Place the crate in your dog's favorite spot, add toys, and enjoy your stylish new dog toy box. Now it's time to get to training!