Create an upscale and ultra-durable epoxy resin finish on a fold-down laundry room shelf with Varathane Tinted Super Glaze.
- Working in a well-ventilated area, protect your work space with plastic sheeting or a tarp.
- Wipe down wood shelf with alcohol and a lint-free cloth to remove any dust particles that may be on the surface.
- Read all instructions and tips included in the kit before using Varathane Tinted Super Glaze epoxy resin.
- Pour equal amounts of Varathane Tinted Super Glaze (Part A) and activator (Part B) into separate mixing cups or containers. Carefully pour the measured epoxy resin (Part A) into the container with measured activator (Part B). Mix thoroughly and gently with a stir stick for a minimum of 3 minutes, but no more than 5 minutes. Pour the mixed resin and activator into a clean container. Mix thoroughly with a stir stick for an additional 3 minutes and try to prevent air bubbles from entering the mixture.
- Super Glaze will begin to cure as soon as the base is mixed with the activator. Pour immediately after mixing. Surface bubbles MUST be removed when the surface is still wet. A hair dryer on low setting can be used to help pop bubbles that may rise to the surface.
- Pour the epoxy resin mixture onto center of the wood shelf and then spread gently with a wood or plastic spreader or rubber squeegee in a single direction over the entire surface. Using a spreader, guide the mixture to the edges of the shelf to ensure even coverage. Do not continue to spread material once it starts to set up, otherwise it will not self-level during the curing process.
- Allow the epoxy resin to cure for at least 4-5 hours in a dust-free area before applying additional layers of Super Glaze. Allow Super Glaze to fully cure for 72 hours in a dust-free area.
Tip: After the epoxy resin has cured at least 4-5 hours, carefully use a utility knife or razor blade to remove any dried drips from the edge of the surface.