Add a stenciled runner rug to your laundry room floor using Rust-Oleum HOME Floor Coating.
- Make sure your floor is clean of dirt and debris. We recommend using Original Krud Kutter Cleaner/Degreaser.
- Apply painter's tape along the edges and anywhere you don't want paint. Start by trimming the edges with the Rust-Oleum HOME Base Coat using a high-quality paint brush.
- Apply base coat in 4’x4’ sections using a paint roller, and maintain a wet edge while rolling. Do not let the paint puddle. If additional base coats of floor paint are needed for your desired coverage, let the first coat dry for 6 hours before applying an additional coat. After painting the entire floor, wait 6 hours before making any necessary touch-ups. Let any additional coats or touch ups dry for 1-2 hours
- To create the stenciled runner pattern, attach the edges of the stencil to the tile with painter’s tape. Apply the second color of base coat to the stencil. Carefully pull off the tape and remove the stencil while the second color of base coat is still wet. To create the border around the stenciled area, carefully place painter’s tape in desired dimensions and apply the second color of base coat between the strips of tape. Remove tape while the second color base coat is still wet. Wait 1-2 hours before making any necessary touch-ups. Let touched-up areas dry for 1-2 hours before applying the top coat.
- Next, apply the Rust-Oleum Home Top Coat. First, trim the edges using a high-quality paint brush. Then, roll the top coat in 4’x4’ sections and maintain a wet edge while rolling. Do not let the floor paint puddle. One coat is recommended. If a second coat is desired for additional durability or uniformity, wait until the first coat is dry to touch (1-2 hours) before applying. The second coat must be applied within 24 hours of the first coat.
- Allow the finished floor to dry for 24 hours before walking on it. Allow 72 hours before replacing any furniture (avoid dragging). The paint will be fully cured in 7 days. Do not wash the floor until it is fully cured.