Chalkboard Painted Planter
Plant your favorite herbs or flowers in this wood planter designed by you. Any wood planter will do. Just add a few coats of chalkboard spray paint and you've got a container with an erasable surface so you can label your plants or write any message you’d like.
- Sand the planter lightly.
- Apply 2-3 coats of Rust-Oleum Chalkboard spray paint to the surface over a drop cloth and in a well-ventilated area such as a garage or outdoors. Follow the instructions on the can.
- Let the chalkboard paint dry for about 20 minutes before applying another coat. Recoat a third time 1 hour or after 24 hours.
- Allow the last coat of paint dry for approximately 24 hours.
- Prep the chalkboard surface by lightly coating the entire chalkboard surface with chalk and then erasing.
- Use chalk to write a message or plant labels on the planter’s surface.
TIP: Rust-Oleum Chalkboard spray paint is for use on interior surfaces only.