Celebrate Hanukkah with a DIY menorah. Follow these steps to create your own menorah and give it a custom look with Chalked Ultra Matte Spray Paint and a Testors Craft Enamel Paint Pen.
- Use hot glue or wood glue to attach the smaller wood block to the center of the larger block. Allow to dry.
- In a well-ventilated space, shake your can of Chalked Ultra Matte Paint (shown here in the color Linen White) for one minute after the mixing ball begins to rattle. Hold the can 10-12” from the wood block, and spray in a steady back-and-forth motion, slightly overlapping each stroke. Apply two or more light coats a few minutes apart.
- Allow to dry for 20-30 minutes and then apply the Chalked Matte Clear Topcoat for additional protection.
- Attach 9 metal candle cups to the top, adding one the smaller center block and the four on either side.
- To add some additional detail to your menorah, allow the Chalked Matte Clear Protective Topcoat to dry for 24 hours and then draw a festive design or write a Hanukkah message on your menorah with a Testors Craft Enamel Paint Pen (shown here in Gold Leafing) .
- Display your menorah all through the Hanukkah season.