- Remove hardware from the drawers and set aside. Lightly sand surface and wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- If the wood is unpainted or has been painted a dark color, you may want to use Rust-Oleum® Painter's® Touch Ultra Cover 2X Primer Spray. Be sure to spray outdoors and away from important items -- like your son's new bike. Use drop cloths or old sheets to protect the ground or floor.
- Once dry, tape off the base of the table. (You're going to be painting this later, so don't worry about having a perfect tape job.)
- Spray on the base coat from the American Accents® Crackle Creations Kit and allow to dry per can directions.
- Following can directions, spray on the crackle top coat contained in the kit.
- Once dry, tape off the top and cover with newspaper or plastic wrap. Brush on American Accents® Satin Finishes in Canyon Black paint on the base of the table following re-coat and dry times on can.
- For extra protection from wear and tear, coat the top with a Rust-Oleum® Painter's® Touch Ultra Cover 2X Matte Clear Spray. Be sure to follow re-coat directions on the can ... paint can be picky.
- Move away from the table and spray any hardware with the Rust-Oleum® Universal® Metallic Spray Paint in Pure Gold. Allow to dry completely before re-attaching to the table.
- Put your new table in its new special place and top with a vase of seasonal flowers or other bright accents.